Monday, December 27, 2010


This is the pavilion in Columbus Park, Chinatown, NY. When I was a kid, I used to play here with my cousins. We'd play ball, run around, and played with caps and cap grenades. I wonder how many of you remember those?

Anyway, this pavilion is where I trained quite a few times with Shifu. It's a great place to practice tai chi, and I will always remember learning my Chen style sword form here.

As I've stated before, I don't know what it is about training here in Chinatown, but it just feels really right to me. My close friends who train in other systems here in Chinatown have also expressed the same feelings as I.

It's neat to have my childhood memories of this place, and now as an adult it feels really neat to be making more memories now, doing something positive for myself.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment