Friday, December 17, 2010

Tai Chi Ball?


Personally, I think I have adult attention deficit disorder. I like to try different things, i'm often easily sidetracked when working on a given project. I am always fascinated by gadgets and various types of supplementary training.

For many years, i've heard of, but had never seen anyone doing the "tai chi ball." I found the concept of this fascinating. Was it a solid ball? Made of what? Concrete, or stone, or metal... wood... I couldn't fathom how large it might be or how heavy, it is "supposed to be."

In recent times, thankfully to youtube, there are now a number of vid clips demonstrating a variety of uses of the "tai chi ball." In the future I will include a vid clip so you all can follow along with a given example of this training method.

Does practicing with the "tai chi ball" help? I don't know. I expect that one day, i'll buy a heavy medicine ball and try out some of the things i've seen... until that day, though... let's wonder together. It's stuff like this that keeps me enthused and interested until the next chance I get to head off for class.
J

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeff,
    We have Taiji Ball classes in the coming January and Feb schedule, you're welcome to try it out for free on the week of Jan 10th.
    http://www.internalarts101.com/classes.html#B1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff!
    Thank you so much for coming by and offering up your information. I would really LOVE to check out thie Taiji Ball class. thank you for visiting, too!!
    With Respect,
    J

    ReplyDelete