Monday, December 27, 2010

More on the Tai Chi Balls



I'm fairly obsessive i've been told, so I've been actively seeking out and searching for sources of where to find suitable balls for tai chi ball training. Apparently, some are made of wood, some are stone, and the ones we see sometimes are made of metal spheres, phew!

Weights vary, obviously depending upon size and weight. I just got off the phone with a great guy, named, Roger who makes a variety of classical/traditional asian type of weight training apparatus. His website is http://www.atomicathletic.com

The prices seem high, but I believe that to find good quality and unique esoteric equipment is VERY difficult, and if you're serious, it's worth the expense. Roger seems like a really good guy, and he will travel to experts to get his designs just right. He even sells and manufactures the stone padlocks that the shaolin temple, here in Flushing uses! That's great stuff.

More to come as I learn and grow in my research about the tai chi ball training!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment