Monday, December 13, 2010

Leg Soreness and Memory Loss...

Since I've begun training in Chen Tai Chi, I have become too familiar with leg soreness. My thighs and butt, sure get sore following the two days after each class session. The funny thing is that clearly, my legs have gotten stronger. My stances have gotten deeper, and i'm better able to weight shift from one side to the other when in stance and transitioning to another move. Sometimes, on Sunday, when I get home from class, it isn't unusual for me to fall into a deep sleep in the afternoon for an hour or so. I keep on training with the optimistic belief that one day, my legs will no longer be sore after a long session of training.

Today, I have a sudden episode of memory loss. Well not really, but despite practicing the same sequence yesterday for most of two hours, today, I can only recall bits and pieces. I'm not discouraged, but it makes me wonder sometimes, if I ever HAD a better memory. I'm approaching an age when early signs of dementia and alzheimer's are sometimes evident. (Just kidding here, don't worry!)

Anyway, I mention these two things in my writing today, because it isn't just me. When I speak to other members in class, it appears that my symptoms are recognized and often felt by others!

The good thing is that when we DO remember the sequences and the movements are done well, it sure feels good inside and I will experience a cool level of satisfaction and pleasure that even I can be aware of progress.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment