Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sweating

I remember years ago reading in a book somewhere that we weren't supposed to sweat wehn practicing tai chi. That was years ago, when I was doing the Yang Short Form. The other day, in class, one of my friends laughingly commented that I shouldn't be sweating, right?

Well, I've notice that in my Chen Tai Chi class, most of us DO sweat, and Shifu has commented to me, that we should be sweating, if we are practicing seriously.

"Chen Style is REAL kung fu." Shifu has stated that repeatedly to us, and having seen his applications and having struggled to learn the movements of the Chen forms, I really do agree.

Sweating? Don't worry about it. Just concentrate on trying to do each movement correctly and with proper intention.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment