Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Weight Shift with Fa Jin


Each and every time I go to class, I learn or realize some new subtlety or nuance that helps improve my form and basics. This past Sunday, Shifu was telling me about the proper weight shift with different fa jin strikes I was practicing. INCORRECTLY, I was standing in almost a 50-50 weight ratio, and getting satisfied with my practice. Once I realized that each particular strike in that given sequence required a different shifting of weight from one side to the other, it made MORE sense, and also had a different 'feel' and palpable expression of power release. It is critical to understand on which leg we are bearing more weight, and it is critical to understand how we will be shifting our weight as we spiral and generate the fa jin. Hope that helps!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment