Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Private Lessons

If you can afford to I strongly urge you all to consider private or one to one lessons with Shifu. During the private lessons, I have Shifu's undivided attention and he scrutinizes EVERY detail. If you are serious about being the very best you can be in Chen Tai Chi, I believe that private lessons are critical at some point in your training career.

Sometimes it is difficult to ask questions in class. In a private lesson, it is ok to ask Shifu to repeat something over and over again, knowing that Shifu will make sure you have it learned correctly. In a group class, that sometimes is a difficult proposition.

I enjoy my private time with Shifu very much as it allows me an opportunity to learn more about him. Despite the language barrier we face, I can clearly say that my gains in Chen Tai Chi have grown rapidly because I commit myself to attending my private class regularly.

If you can't make it to a private lesson, don't fear. Most of the students I see are only attending group classes, and their skill level is very high, admirable and present themselves with a level that I continually strive towards.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment