Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Slow Progress


Yesterday, I was dreading my lesson. It was to be the first day of very warm weather leading into a heat wave, so I was concerned. Already, I had been trying to prep and gradually build up my strength and tolerance, but man, time slips by and although I have been following my schedule, still, I was plagued by quick tiredness and fatigue.

We started off working on Lao Jia Yi Lu with Shifu very closely monitoring my every detail. By the time I got to the kicks I was clearly tired and my jump kick must have really sucked because he insisted on me learning a non-jump methodology to the form. While it is cool that I now have two interpretations/variations of the motion, a big part of my ego, was screaming, "You FAILED." ugh.

Next up, my broadsword form practice. Despite trying trying NOT to go too low in my stances, the fatigue from the Chen form practice overcame my desire to perform well, and I soon showed obvious signs of forgetting a number of the sequences. Shifu said, "you haven't practiced!" But, I know, and even had a partner during my practice on Friday night, sigh...

Next, we moved into the push hands practice and I clearly have to work more on my trunk and hip spiralling...

I'm not discouraged, but need to keep up all the practicing and hoping that all my ancillary and auxiliary training will catch up to my class demands, soon.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment