Friday, April 29, 2011

Improving the Low Stances and Mobility



The past 3 weeks have been a killer for me as I am suffering through learning and applying movement with the low stances found within the broadsword form I am training.
Only now am I beginning to see a glimmer of hope lol, the first week was just a lot of pain and difficulty dropping down into that low stance, and not being able to hold it. Now, I am finding it easier to drop into the low stance and holding for a few seconds. Now, I am just beginning to better move from one side to the other side while maintaining a low height.

For sure it has been and will continue to be a struggle for me. I find great satisfaction in clearly observing the improvement and knowing that I will be able to achieve some level of competency in the months to come.

I also understand that once I achieve that level, I will have to practice that form often to keep up and maintain that degree of functionality.

Sigh. Learning Kung Fu is not easy. But with Shifu's teaching and the support of my friends, I am truly loving it!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment