Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gritting One's Teeth and Hanging On!



Okay!! Had my lesson last night with Shifu, and we both had a good laugh as I suffered through the lower stances i've been working on now for the past few days as i'm learning the broadsword form. I'm at work right now, and I won't lie, i'm miserable haha! It's killing me each time I stand up from my chair, and my co-workers think I have hemorrhoids lol, but I know with each step I take, i'm one step closer to being able to do these forms the right and correct way, and I want that! I want to do good forms and I want to learn how to use this broadsword the correct way, and that is what makes me different from the masses of people that would NOT endure this type of pain and soreness. This WILL go away soon, I truly believe that.

So, why am I writing about this? I know many of you may want to try to learn Chen Tai Chi and perhaps you might be very physically challenged, and you may worry about how much you need to endure, but I truly believe with all my heart, that it is worth the discomfort NOW, as you reap the benefits of all your training LATER.

Being a martial artist is not an easy task. So, hang in there, give it a go! Push yourself! and Be happy... after the soreness is over!! ; )
J

No comments:

Post a Comment