Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Uh Oh, The Leg Soreness is Back!



Well, I was fatigued on Sunday when I started the broadsword form, and then last night had a sudden opportunity to train with Shifu, so of course, I was all over that. Good news is that the broadsword form is VERY challenging, even more so than the first Chen Straight sword form I had learned earlier.

The bad news? Wow, the thigh and leg soreness has returned. It had taken several months to get used to the low stances of Lao Jia, the first empty hand form. But the broadsword form I am learning has VERY LOW stances. Shifu offered me some modifications to the form if i desired it, but, nope, if i'm going to learn it, let me learn it the right way. I'm thinking that maybe when I hit 80 years old, maybe i'll do some mods at that time lol. See? I'm an optimistic fellow.

Note to self and others: It always helps to prep up for a few weeks prior to learning a new form with challenging sequences, this will make the sudden demands less stressful on the body. Of course, if you just decide to jump into things like myself without adequate research, you gotta just get through the discomfort.

Here's some better news: If you're uncomfortable and in pain now, trust me, you're gonna feel so good when you are doing all these cool moves, stances, twists and turns easily and without pain!! Keep the faith and keep training.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment