Sunday, October 30, 2011

Try Not to Forget the Forms


In class today, one of my seniors asked if I remembered the Jian (straight sword) form.
Embarrassingly I was lost at different parts of the form. Also, while practicing, I felt awkward and out of balance; clearly, I was very rusty, and realized again the different attributes cultivated out of practicing the Jian form.

I personally know Lao Jia Yi Lu, the Jian form and the old,classical Dao (broadsword) form. After today's poor performance, I have resolved today to renew my practice of the 3 forms regularly to make sure I don't forget again. Each of the forms is a challenge to the body, and each has its own demands. Shifu has told me repeatedly that by practicing the weapons forms, my empty hand forms will definitely benefit. Wish me luck!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment