Monday, October 24, 2011

Details


Class yesterday was really great. Today, i'm suffering, though, lol... the thighs aren't in pain, but they are STIFF. Ugh.

In class, Shifu really had us focusing on all the smallest details while doing the form.
He was describing the need for unity in mind and body, resulting in better accuracy and intention being clear in the practice of the form.

It is always funny to me, how I can practice diligently, yet, have something so off in my arm or hand positioning that I was NOT aware of, in the opening movements!! AAaaargh.
But that is the nature of the art, I just have to be MORE careful, More precise, and keep on practicing more diligently to get the MOST out of the form to make my skill practical and MINE.

I really am grateful that Shifu cares to make us understand. Most teachers in the area just want your body in class, and are more concerned with image, or money or whatever. But Shifu truly wants us to LEARN. Thank you, Shifu.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment