Saturday, November 21, 2015

Single Leg Standing

One of the very first and very clear things I noticed in my return to training today was how difficult I was adapting to the single leg stances and sustaining good balance during some of the transitional movements. Shifu noticed that and encouraged me to work on single leg standing and holding it for progressive periods of time to increase my core strength and my balance. This was a weak part of my form back in the day, and three years of relative inactivity didn't help me. I'll be working on my single leg stance and holding it for 30 seconds for a few reps daily. I expect that improvement should be noticed in a few weeks time. Shifu encouraged focusing on the raised knee, and trying to bring that knee higher during my training practice. Hope that helps you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment