Saturday, November 21, 2015

Better Late Than Never...

Well, so it only took about 3 years to finally get back on track, and back to training with Shifu Yu. He is such an incredible teacher. In the few years that have passed, his command of the English language has improved quite a bit, and the depth of his teaching has gotten even more detailed and intense. I asked him to resume my training with me starting at a basic beginner level. He was accommodating and so gracious. He was very clear that he didn't want me practicing "dead" movements, that he wanted me to understand what I was doing. We went over many things in our session today, and more details will be coming very soon! It's great to be back in tai chi action, back with my old teacher, and back to learning this amazing art as he teaches it. I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment