Sunday, August 14, 2011

Use of Both Hands to Maximize Power



In class Shifu demonstrated a few techniques on how we would use and move our hands/arms in opposite directions to maximize power on a given technique. Shifu also reviewed principles of "closing in," and "opening up," to generate power.

Shifu went over in small detail how proper elbow positioning is important to generate strength in trapping arms and how these details in the positioning of our hands/elbows facilitate locks and grabs as well.

Today's class was filled with awesome information. I always feel bad when people can't make it to class because I know what they are missing.

I have been focusing very hard in class, especially now that I am only able to attend once a week vs the three times a week I had done earlier. There is so much to do and practice though, so I am in a good place.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment