Monday, November 7, 2011

Knee Strikes and Applications


It was a funny moment. I was trying to ask my senior in class to show me something, and Shifu overheard me. "What is the problem?" "Nothing, Shifu, I just wanted to see something." "What did you want to see?" lol... well, I got a whole explanation again, lol, not that I ever did get a chance to see what I was originally looking for... ; )

Shifu chastised me for forgetting that our intention would dictate how we were moving or aligning our hands in preparation for the knee strike. He demonstrated to me, how if I were applying a technique off of the L side, or the L arm, how we would move, and how it would look... then, he should me a different technique on the R side of the opponent. He explained... if you understand a technique from the Left, you should understand a technique from the Right.

As we were working the technique, I found myself quickly fatiguing and unable to move my knee as I wanted to without a lot of effort. This clearly goes to point out my lack of core strength and need to practice more raising my knee up to more easily execute the technique. For this week, that will be my assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment