Thursday, September 29, 2011

One Technique per Week?


Last weekend, Shifu went over this move with me to ensure that I had better understanding of what I was doing. He showed me 5-6 variations of this, I remember maybe 3 of them.

The past couple of weeks have been personally challenging for me. Personal issues have caused me to have a lapse in my training again. Ugh. Well, it is time to refocus. I was thinking this morning, that we all go through periods like this when it is difficult to dedicate as much time as we would like to things that are important to us for various reasons. I believe that during these times, we can try to at least devote a few minutes a day to performing at least one week and trying to work on a review of what that move potentially may be functionally. I think that would help us to keep a 'proper mindset' when training, still work our body mechanics, and i'm a firm believer in that every small gain, over time leads to overall greater improvement in the long run.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment