Thursday, September 15, 2011

More Clarity...


This past weekend, I again asked Shifu to go over the 5 variations we discussed the weekend earlier. Shifu explained to me, that it was not so much to know the variations of the arm movements, rather, it was more important to understand how we would vary the lumbar motion in conjunction with the arm movements depending upon what direction the opponent was forcing upon me; in other words, if he pushes into my right and down, I might want my energy to go up and rotate into my left, or if he pushes inwards and upwards, I might want to rotate to my right and downwards to counter a given line of force. By understanding the force line and figuring out how you would want to counter the line, you actually would have MORE potential variations to how to apply the given movement from the chen form. Wow. I love it.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment