Wednesday, February 23, 2011

More basics...

Last night in class, Shifu went over a few basics he wanted me to work on. These basics essentially involved correct weight shift, and lumbar/hip motion. The proper alignment of the body and the arms when combined with the appropriate sequential pattern of movement results in a good throw or a good joint lock.

Another basic we went over was how to make hand contact on a limb, and then NOT losing that contact while applying torque or a change in the positioning of our limb on an opponent's to effect a throw or a lock. Shifu emphasized that there was a point in the middle of my palm that was strong, as opposed to gripping and just putting strength in my fingers to hold and control an opponent.

Then we went over yin yang theory applied to techniques.

My head is still spinning with all the techniques we went over. I know that I need to just practice daily on one of the key points regulary and I will see improvement in my Chen Tai Chi.

I also learned that the word 'kao' in chinese translates to "bump."

Hope that helps all of you!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment